Spans excellence in understanding the changing nature of civil and political society: governance, institutions, community, individuals, migration, and difference. Addresses political climate of devolution, constitutional change, patterns and processes of democracy, legitimacy, and citizenship. This is set within the broader context of crisis, inequality, processes and patterns of uneven international development, public policy, situated development studies, and dynamics of rising powers vis-à-vis area studies.
- Pathway Director : Matt Sleat (Sheffield) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Director (Hull) : Elspeth Robson E.Robson@hull.ac.uk
- Deputy Director (Leeds) : Polly Wilding email@example.com
- Deputy Director (Sheffield Hallam) : Richard White firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Director (York) : Liam Clegg email@example.com